Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SF Technique & Theme August Challenge


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  It’s Jessica, here to share my Monthly Challenge with you!
I received this gorgeous line of paper from Kaiser Craft called “Shaken Not Stirred.”  When I first saw it, I immediately thought of some a card playing or poker type of layout.  Then realized that pictures from last year’s Scrapping Frenzy’s Red Carpet Convention were absolutely perfect to use!
Here is my layout:
I took one sheet of the printed paper “Pierce” and slightly trimmed it to use as a background sheet on top of a sheet of basic white cardstock – of course with all edges inked with Cats Eye Charcoal.  I then used a sheet of black cardstock and used it for putting my pictures on, after matting them with the red glitter cardstock.
Next, I took the printed sheet “George”, which is striped on one side and has lots of other design strips on the other side.  I cut out the top border piece from this paper.  I also used a small circle of it for my center embellishment.
I added a few scallop stitches, which is our technique challenge for this month, and a few black X stitches on the corners of the paper.  I also stitched down the button in the center of the page.  Last thing I added was my journal box and my red glitter title, which I cut using the Cricut and the All Mixed Up cartridge.
SF Supplies:
  • Kaiser Craft Shaken Not Stirred Collection – Pierce, George
  • Cardstock – Red Glitter, Black, White
  • Ink – Charcoal Cats Eye, Moonlight White Tsukineko Dew Drop
  • Ranger Ink Glossy Accents
  • Sticky Thumb Adhesive
  • Mini Glue Dots
  • Red Button
Other Supplies:
  • Red and Black sewing thread
  • Bazzill Stitching Templates – Granny Stitches
  • CM journal box
Remember, you can play along!  We would LOVE to see your versions of these challenges, so head on over this THIS POST for more information!
Have a scrappy weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica! I love these papers and this LO..goes so well with your photos! We've met before at Tamara's crops in Spanish Fort and at Scrapping FRenzy Convention, I am Carmen's friend. So I found your blog now and plan to follow you! I hope you'll do the same for me:) vintagevixencrafts.blogspot.com keep the creativity going girl!!

    ReplyDelete