Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SF Technique & Theme July Challenge

Hi all!  Happy Tuesday!
Here is my Technique (paint) & Theme (travel) post for this month... it's live over at Scrapping Frenzy too!  
This is a couple of pictures that I took when my husband and I were flying to New Jersey last fall.  One of us on the plane and one of a lake that to me, kinda looked like an outline of the US.  It’s silly, I know… but I thought it made for a interesting picture!  HAHA!
I had the chipboard flower that was already painted, so I thought I would make the brackets match it, or at least the best I could.  I took some plain chipboard swirly brackets and some gray acrylic paint and went to town.
The brackets were still a little too dark, so I took my silver inkpad and, using a foam brush, “painted” some of the silver ink on top.  It gave it just enough sheen and made it stand out off the page a little.

For my title, the black letters were too dark with my background being black, but the silver letters were too bright and shiny and took away from the layout.  So, I used my silver ink pad and foam brush and painted my letters with the silver ink, to get the color I wanted for this layout.

I cut circles out out my patterned Foof-A-La papers and some cardstock and lined them across the bottom of the pictures.  I outlined the cardstock ones in Stardust Stickles.  Also in the Foof-A-La papers, I cut a strip of arrows and placed down the left side of my pictures.  I used the Stardust Stickles on some of the arrows to dress it up a little bit.
Here are a few close-ups:
 Remember, we would LOVE to see your interpretation of our Technique & Theme challenge this month!  Feel free to email it to me at jessica_chaney78@yahoo.com and I will gladly share it for you.  Or, you can always post it as a picture to the Scrapping Frenzy facebook page!
Scrapping Frenzy Supplies
  • Orange Cardstock
  • Black Cardstock
  • Foof-A-La paper line (Directions, Global, Euro)
  • Cats Eye Chalk – Charcoal
  • Stardust Stickles
  • Glue Dots
  • Silver Pen
Other supplies:
  • Gray acrylic paint
  • Silver Ink pad
  • American Craft Thickers (title letters)

No comments:

Post a Comment